Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Last weeks projects- ribbon holder, gummies and embroidering

Aside from not feeling well, still healing from surgery, and slicing off the tip of my finger (with a slicer I've owned for three years and only used this once) I don't really feel like I got a lot done last week. I did however get to a few things on my list.
Like this ribbon holder.

It's made out of a wood plank and a dowel. I don't remember the sizes, like most things I make, I eyeballed it! I just *asked hubby to* cut the plank down to width that would fit my space. Cut the dowel into 4 equal pieces. Drill holes for the dowel to slides into. Glue dowels in and paint. Really easy and it only took about 2 hours, with drying time. Besides it cost under $5! Always awesome!

I also finally got around to making these homemade gummy candies using Skip To My Lou's tutorial.

They turned out really well! Highly recommended! But I did dust the backs with cornstarch because the blue recipe she states at the bottom produces a more sticky candy. Also dusted the tops after they were out so they wouldn't stick together. Hubby said the cornstarch made them a better chewing consistency as well.

Another thing I did was learned how to hand embroider!! This is the second thing I did...

I have no clue what I'm going to apply it to, but Peanut really likes it so it'll most likely end up on something for her.

The first thing I embroidered was this...

Now I'm really super excited about this one so you'll have to wait till my next post to read about this project! It's just too much for this post!

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment